Friday, August 15, 2008

I am ready to go! I just had a meeting where I needed to evaluate if I am ready to go... I only miss insurance and a week of work to pay for the expenses. Going to Angola is EXPENSIVE no matter how you look upon it!
Today I got 4 big boxes, where I should back all my belongings into and put them in a depot to wait for my return. The college I live in needs my room during my absence. But the thought of squeezing all my belongings into few boxes is not very motivating so naturally I push it to the very last minute.

We spent some 3 hours with some of my team mates cleaning the building we all have rooms in so when we leave there will be no complaints. I still have one more exam before I leave (in didactics) on Monday. On Wednesday I leave for home to visit my family and friends for 10 days and to have a little holiday before Angola.

There is million little things to do before I go from planning over and over what to take with me (luggage space is limited to a 90 liters backpack) to getting films in Portuguese for my students.
I have just been informed that there will be one volunteer from Brazil working in the same project. That was surprising since before it seemed clear that no-one will be sent there besides me.

Tomorrow I will go for writing a letter to the new headmaster and inform him about my ideas/plans/me :) So far I only know that he is 24 and freshly graduated from OWU (One World University in Mozambique) And I honestly don't have a clue about his managing skills or ideas. So am sure many surprises await me there as well.
In the cold autumn weather of Denmark I am looking forward to the sun of my favorite continent.

No comments: